Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The attack of the Bridezilla

I'm going to go ahead and be really vulnerable with you right now.
This week has been really tough for me.
As a bride it is so unbelievably easy to get caught up in the wedding.
This week I have been on the computer every second that I am not in class working on the wedding,
and I am so frustrated with that.
Today when I was freaking out about the bridesmaid dress, Tim said a comment like 
"Isn't it funny how we get so upset about something that doesn't really matter."
And all of a sudden I got really offended and really hurt from that comment.
In my mind I was thinking "Ugh! doesn't matter!? On the wedding day when my girls look amazing it will matter then! I have worked my butt off to get these dresses right and it does matter!!!"
Wrong answer.
I have some how been sucked into the worst thing possible for a bride,
and I'm going to go ahead and say it.
I have been a bridezilla this week.
It just creeped up on me and attacked.
And I let it in.
I need to remember that although this is going to be one of the most amazing days of Tim and I's life,
it is also just one day.
The marriage is what I should be working this hard for,
because that is what is going to last a life time.
So this is what is going to happen,
I'm going to do a few quick emails that need to be done to my wedding planner and photographer,
and then I'm putting my computer away.
My email is on my phone so I wont need it for that,
and well I can go a few days without facebook.
So here goes,
Today through Sunday I will enjoy myself.
I will not once talk about dresses or anything else about the wedding.
And I will do things like read, work out, be with friends, and really talk to the love of my life.
Get outa here bridezilla!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment