I feel like going through college, and especially senior year
People are always asking the "typical questions"
"What's your major? What do you want to do with your life? etc."
When I was growing up if people asked me what I was going to be
I said "a singer"
I wish I could go back to the days of just wanting to be "a singer"
p.s. I cant sing to save my life, so I was clearly just listening to too many B. Spears CD's
Lately I think I have been going backwards and retracing my steps
Its like, when you go through college and you tell everyone who asks you the career that you are going to be
You start to question if that is honestly what you want to be.
Or if you just wanted to have a perfect lined out answer for the millions of "typical questions" you get in a month.
And I'm pretty much 99% positive I'm in category 2.
So now I have found myself, when people ask "What do you want to do?"
I just say "I dunno"
Awkward silence always follows.
Right now I feel like a little girl
And if I were to honestly tell someone what I wanted to be
The last thing they would take me as is serious.
So here goes...
I want to be
A mom
A wife
A wedding planner
An owner of a cute boutique
A home decorator
A personal stylist
And the list could go on
But clearly none of those answers have to do with me becoming a counselor at a middle school.
Maybe one of these days I will get back to that answer
But right now I have no clue what I want to do
What I do know though is that I am so fortunate to have to most supportive fiance out there!!
If I told him I wanted to go to the moon, he would say "yeah! you would look great on the moon!"
So,
I guess for right now
While I'm still in school and not knowing
I will keep saying "I dunno"


No comments:
Post a Comment